Test 2
I was expecting a much wider variety of questions on Test 2, maybe something on sorting algorithms and big-O notation. Instead, the questions were focused on linked list and binary search trees and creating methods that involved recursion. Thankfully for me, this is one of my strengths. I did well on the test except for a few minor errors.One thing I have noticed is that if you didn't get the hang of recursion when it was first introduced, you would find yourself falling further and further behind as the course progressed. While iteration is sometimes a possibility, it seems so much more difficult to me.
Assignment 2
This was the assignment on Regexes. My code seemed to pass all the tests but one, matching a string with a regex that contained a * operator. I will probably go back and see if I can fix this over the winter break. Programming problems seem to stick with me, even outside of course work. I just like having the feeling of a problem to be solved. Other than that, there weren't many surprises.
I'm curious to know the grade distribution for this assignment, especially compared to the last one. Danny may have went over it, but I left class after grabbing my test, I wasn't sure if there was more but others were leaving. I found A2 to be much easier than A1, mostly due to the aforementioned GUI component.
No comments:
Post a Comment